Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Roaming not working in UK

Répondre
cory
Bénévole
Questions: 1
Réponses: 1

Hello — does anybody else have a really hard time with Base in the UK? I cannot connect to most of the networks here, and the mobile internet is often tragically slow. 

I’m in London now and cannot connect at all. I think our company is going to have to look at changing companies. When I call support, they give me insane suggestions like “turn airplane mode on and off 15 times”. 

Really frustrating. 

Répondre
0 Likes
2 RÉPONSES 2
Yoann
Épique
Questions: 153
Réponses: 987

Hello Cory,

Does anyone can share his tips to our new community member? 

Switching manually to another local provider is certainly something you can try, Cory. 

I recommend also to check the settings of your customer zone, because it's possible that you set a data usage limit at €0.

”https://community.base.be/html/assets/Base-logo-small.png?version=preview”Yoann | Moderator

Découvrez la BASE Community et le profil des modérateurs.

Répondre
0 Likes
cory
Bénévole
Questions: 1
Réponses: 1

Thanks for the response. Based on that fact that I’ve seen numerous other people facing the same problem, I expect there is something more fundamental in the way which Base has its roaming authentication with foreign networks configured. 

Manually selecting networks doesn’t work; using different devices doesn’t work; removing and replacing the SIM card doesn’t work either. Eventually after about half a day I was able to connect, but there are some networks (Vodafone UK for example) which are impossible to ever connect to. 

This all points to either an intentional restriction on networks available for Base users when roaming (perhaps for cost reasons) or a poorly configured, inadequate, or malfunctioning authentication infrastructure. 

I don’t have the patience to navigate 17 levels of call centre representatives telling me to swap my SIM card in and out again. If it doesn’t work during my next **bleep**, and Base doesn’t want to respond, our company will change providers. Roaming isn’t really a “nice to have” anymore. It’s a basic necessity for mobile service providers. 

Merci!

Répondre
0 Likes